The scope of the International Building Code covers all buildings except detached one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories. Previous editions of the IBC have been adopted at the state or local level in all 50 United States plus Washington D.C.
The 2012 International Building Code contains many important changes:
- Classifications for a variety of health-care facilities have been clarified
- Clarified provisions for incidental-use rooms and spaces
- Modified provisions addressing exterior wall projections
- Changed requirements for protection of vertical openings through floors
- Automatic sprinkler systems required where furniture is stored
- Wind design requirements extensively revised
- Wind load maps are now based on ultimate design wind speeds
- Updated seismic ground motion maps
- Modifications to the seismic provisions of ACI 318 Appendix D
- And more!
Avoid violations and order your 2012 International Building Code today!