Although you will use this book often at your desk, its main purpose is to provide answers when you are away from your office.
Whether at a contractor's plant on the other side of the country or in a meeting next door to your office, you'll be glad you grabbed the Plant Engineer's Problem Solver on your way out. It may not have every answer you will ever need, but it has important answers you are most often and most likely to need.
Major categories covered:
- Plant Services and Equipment
- Maintenance, Security & Safety
- Production & Fabrication Support
- Building Materials
- Building Completion
You'll find practical answers to the most common questions like:
- What plastic pipe is correct for an outside drain, and what industry standard governs its installation?
- How high is it safe to stockpile concrete pipe?
- What should be the health and safety concerns when cutting and working plastic?
- What are the common causes of troubles with electric motors, and how can they be corrected?
- What steps can be taken to minimize steel corrosion?
- Will a class B door meet fire regulations when used in a stairwell?
- How much heat will transmit through a masonry wall?
- How do you prepare frost-resistant concrete?
You'll find the answers to all of these questions, plus many more in the Plant Engineer's Portable Problem Solver. Have your copy on hand before problems arrive!