The 2012 ICC International Residential Code (IRC) compiles all building, plumbing, mechanical, fuel gas, and electrical requirements for one- and two-family dwellings in one convenient code. The regulations cover dwellings and townhouses up to three stories.
The 2012 IRC contains many important changes including:
- A new Seismic Design Category (SDC) map
- A new wind map delineates areas requiring design to resist wind forces
- A new table for minimum fire separation distance for dwellings equipped throughout with an approved automatic sprinkler system
- Doors between garage and dwelling now require self-closing devices
- New requirements for openings and penetrations of the roof in townhouse dwelling units
- Now includes prescriptive provisions for the construction of isolated masonry pier foundations supporting raised floor systems
- Wall Bracing provisions have been completely reorganized
- New wall bracing provisions offer an alternative method of bracing
Avoid violations and pass inspections. Order your 2012 International Residential Code today!